Rituals in the Power of Talk

Through the power of talk, I found rituals to be the most compelling, as it connects to my life. By this I mean that there is often rituals through the power of talk that is involved with my actions. Take my parents routines about me for example, where I always receive different feedback from them after something that I have done, good or not. After a great outcome from a sports game or grade in school, my father often limits his compliments and looks for things to criticize me about, implying that I can always do better. Whereas with my mother, she often takes the time to compliment me and look for the best in situations, good or bad. Seeing this on a daily basis has made me realize that different genders tend to use the power of talk in distinct ways, each presenting their own pros and cons.

Comments

Popular Posts