Strong Leadership at Esso

 A couple years ago I worked at Esso as a gas jockey from the summer to winter, where leadership was a major trait to have to be able to work there in the first place. Initially, when I applied, I was under the impression that the gas station would not be on the ball about paying attention to customers wanting to get their gas pumped, because every time I would drive to get gas, I would wait for a long time for someone to come, or someone would not come at all. However, this was not the case, as on the first day of my job I was instructed to always be on the lookout for vehicles, as well as be ready to aid before the customer approached the pump. This was not only instructed by the manager but also the co-workers, as they insisted on providing the best customer service out of all their competitors. This effort demonstrated a great amount of leadership from the manager, as they influenced a mentality that every employee would take upon themselves. Other than provide great customer service, the goal of Esso was to show leadership to the new employees, where eventually those employees would demonstrate leadership to the next.

Comments

Popular Posts